How are we, people? It’s the weekend…I guess? Man, life is WEIRD right now. My husband’s work is still considered an “essential service”, so we do get to see more of him over the weekends which we love…but otherwise, each day kind of rolls together. This week I started scheduling our days more strategically – like literally writing down what we’re doing hour by hour – and it’s been a bit of a game changer. I think, more than anything, it’s given me a sense of order and control, and it’s reminded me that my kids thrive with predictability.
Here’s some other random links + ideas for the weekend…
- This recipe has been one of our go-to’s for a long time, but it’s been especially helpful in this season. Four ingredients, crock-pot “dump”, yields a ton so we have leftovers – check, check, and check. I make tacos with it the first night, protein bowls with it the next, then add it over greens for taco salads the next.
- I’ve also been baking for THE FIRST TIME EVER, and I love it. I’ve had one or two fails, but mostly things have turned out well. I begged my friend Katie to give me her favorite scone recipe, and we’ve been making these non-stop.
- I just devoured this book in two days. It’s the perfect page-turning-can’t-put-it-down diversion for right now. I finished the last page and downloaded book two of the series to my Kindle within 10 minutes.
- The Studio McGee x Target collection went live today and will. sell. out. fast. So get on it, should that interest you.
- One of my favorite sustainable brands, Cuyana, is offering 15% off site-wide right now, which NEVER happens. Their Classic Structured Tote has been my go-to everyday bag for a couple of years now, and I still love it. Also their Summer Hat has been one of the best purchases I’ve made…maybe ever, definitely in the last year. It’s wide-brim without being novelty, packs well, and has kept its shape after an infinite number of wind-gusts and child-squishing. Sale ends tomorrow (4/5), so hurry!
- Fultz and I rewatched one of my favorite movies from the 90s last night, and it holds up. I think we’re going to have family movie night tonight and watch Onward on Disney+ (I took the boys to see it in the theater and we LOVED it – a must watch for those of you raising brothers!).
What are y’all up to? What should I be reading/watching/cooking this weekend? I’ll be back Monday with a new blog post, so stay tuned!