Our Home: The Boys’ Bath

Project Reveals

read or leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.

1. Sara says:

I love that there’s room under your vanity to tuck away a little stool if needed. I also love that while the counters and walls are empty nothing about the space feels empty. It’s textured and beautiful and rich and inviting and begs to be explored. <– All things you wouldn’t generally say about a bathroom, am I right?

2. Angela Fisher says:

I love your custom vanity! I am trying to design a floating vanity for a much smaller bathroom and I had already decided to go with white oak but I’m just wondering what type of finish your contractor used on your vanity? The sample that my cabinet maker gave me with a polyurethane clear coat seems a bit yellow and is giving me some reservations on my wood choice.

• Sarah Fultz says:

Hi Angela!
      Ours is a matte finish, but honestly I cannot remember the exact type! What I did was give our contractor a sample of our wood flooring and had him match it as best he could!

3. KJV3 says:

Hi- What material did you use for your counter? My fabricator won’t do a quartz top for my floating vanity. Not sure what I’m going to use now.

• Sarah Fultz says:

Hey there – it’s quartz! I’ve done floating vanities with quartz counters in other projects, too, and have never had an issue! I’m so sorry you’re running into that hiccup. I can’t think of another material that would be preferable…? Not sure what his opposition to it would be..?

4. jen says:

Obsessed with this bathroom and using lots of your elements in our current remodel. One question – how have you liked the matte black faucets and shower head? My sister has them and said they are hard to keep looking good and they show water stains and build up. Have you had any issues?

5. LH says:

I’m planning to have basketweave tile layout for my shower. But my contractor says it is difficult to get the grout lines straight because the grout will shift the tiles left/right or up/down when the pattern alternates. How did you get around this problem?

• Sarah Fultz says:

Hi there! Yes, we ran into the same thing. Essentially the tile aren’t EXACTLY 3×6" (more like 2.98×5.97" or something). So that means that the vertical tiles won’t line up exactly with the edges of the horizontal tile above/below it, making the grout lines a little wonky. Where I landed was essentially "Do your best". I trusted our tile guy to be as meticulous as possible, and I think he did a great job. It’s one of those things that 99% of people wouldn’t notice, but if you scroll up and look closely you can totally see 😉

6. Bridget says:

Hi there! I’m in love with this bathroom and am using a lot of the elements in our own remodel. My contractor is a little nervous about our floating oak vanity pulling away from the wall over time. How did you attach your vanity?

7. Laura says:

How is the brightness on the lights?

8. claire says:

Hi! what is the wall colour in this bathroom? it’s a beautiful room.

9. Kelly O says:

Helloo mate great blog post