Y’all ready for another edition of Essentially Beautiful? The response to last week’s Kitchen post was so fun – you guys get me, and you all seem to be on board with the idea of putting yourselves “in the way of beauty” (to quote a book I’ve never read).
Today, we tackle the bathroom. Outside of tile and perhaps lighting, people rarely associate bathrooms with being beautiful. BUT, here’s the deal: by adding details through thoughtful storage, elevated basics, and some good old fashion thinking outside the box, you can transform your bathroom into a place of charm and peace without breaking a sweat.
- Terrazzo Trash Bin – $27 (ummm…can we give Wal-Mart a slow clap for this real quick? It’s weighty, modern, yet playful. If you’re like me, though, and prefer a lidded trash can in the bathroom, this simple one from Pottery Barn is great and has a surprising price point).
- Toilet Brush – $17 (admittedly, it’s not easy to find a “beautiful” toilet brush – but you have to have one. We have this one from CB2 in my boys’ bathroom, and it’s somehow…sleek. If you want to try something a bit more “glam” this one would fit the bill).
- Bamboo Scale – $30 (I feel like the clear glass scales out there used to read “modern”, but now read “1996”. This bamboo one adds warmth and texture while also helping you watch the lbs).
- Alarm Clock – $20 (so an alarm clock proooobably isn’t going in your bathroom, but I wanted to include this piece and needed a category for it, so…get over it. We have this one in our bedroom, and – randomly – one of the biggest “where did you get that?!” moments in our home).
- Toilet Paper Holder – $13 (is this triggering for anyone? I know there’s a shortage right now, but just think how much fun it will be to put a roll on a holder as pretty as this one when your Amazon order finally comes through! I may have to do a whole post about toilet paper holders, because there are randomly so many good ones out there. This one gives a more boho vibe, while this one reads a bit more mid-century).
- Amber Pump Bottles – $20 (maybe you’re a boss and already buy beautifully packaged shampoo, but for the rest of us rocking Herbal Essences and Head & Shoulders, these bad boys provide a stylish, uniform look to our shower shelf. Just pour your products into these pump bottles, et voila – instant luxury).
- Moroccan Bath Mat – $49 (I’m actually a big fan of a vintage rug in the bathroom, but if that freaks you out, this Moroccan-inspired bath mat is gorgeous).
- Amber Glass Canisters – $4-10 (bathrooms require endless storage, and these amber glass canisters provide a stylish solution for you. Cotton rounds, q-tips, bath salts – I promise you, the uses are endless).
- Turkish Hand Towel – $12 (get rid of the bulky, traditional towel silently molding in your bathroom, and replace it with this lightweight Turkish one. It falls beautifully, and dries quickly. Hang it on a pretty holder like this one while you’re at it).
So what do we think? Did I leave anything out? I really am serious about doing a toilet paper holder round-up…maybe I’ll save it for a time when the COVID cloud has lifted and we’re all celebrating restocked grocery aisles.